I have been in the job market the past 2 months with not so much of success in achieving interviews (5 so far)
I would appreciate those of you who are in marketing field or HR/career developement, could take a look at my resume below & give me your feedback (things that could be improved).
I'm looking for a Marketing / Project Coordinator position
Phone: (647) xxx-xxxx
Objective: To obtain a challenging and rewarding position where my skills in marketing, print and communication may be effectively utilized.
•Over 8 years of marketing and communication experience managing many projects worth over a quarter of million dollars per annual.
•Prepared and managed the annual marketing budget of $5 million
•Full process knowledge of print and web advertising.
•Excellent verbal and written communications.
•Problem solver and excellent organizational abilities.
•Extremely sharp at quickly assessing needs and priorities.
•Effective working both independently and as a team member.
Senior Project Coordinator - Marketing
•Planned, coordinated and evaluated the activities, programs and services of the department to ensure its effective operation
•Assisted in developing goals, objectives and strategies for the Marketing department to promote xxx Centre programs and activities
•Measured results and evaluated the effectiveness of the marketing plan for each program and project upon completion
•Functioned as the driving force to ensure complete implementation and successful operation of marketing and design processes
•Supervised and trained seasonal assistants
Print Production Coordinator
2007 – 2008
•Coordinated the production of prepress, print, bindery, mailing, shipping and outside services in accordance with the quoted specifications to ensure the work will be completed on time, and to the customer's satisfaction
•Analyzed problems and implement solutions in the most cost efficient manner
•Liaison between customer and all internal and external departments
•Prepared purchase orders for outside suppliers
•Received and distributed information from customer or sales executives to all departments
2004 – 2007
•Prepared project cost estimates in a professional, timely and efficient manner
•Worked with the sales and marketing team to help maintain sales objectives and remain price competitive in the market
•Monitored and reported performance of major markets and recommend & implement program improvements
•Recommended operating practice and process changes to senior directors to improve requirements planning, procurement and vendor management processes
•Located vendors of materials/supplies and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales
Junior Marketing Manager
2001 - 2004
•Managed the timeline and production of all customers’ printed materials such as brochures, direct mail, flyers, etc.
•Assisted in management of trade shows, conducting analysis of effectiveness, product selections and booth design directions.
•Responded and provided assistance to incoming inquiries via telephone, fax, e-mail and web.
•Helped Identify desirable new business opportunities and market expansion potential for clients by conducting sales and marketing competitive analysis.
MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
References:Available upon request
want to get your take on my resume.
I've been out of a job & seriously looking for a new position the past 3 months. But unfor. I've had little or no luck with even booking appointments (have had 5 out of 500 jobs i've applied at)
Thus, I think there's something wrong with my resume. Can you let me know if you see any grammer mistake in here.
xxx Eglinton Ave.W. #999, Toronto, Ont.
Phone: (xxx) xxx-xxxx
Objective: To obtain a Marketing / Project Coordinator position within a progressive company that offers friendly environment with opportunities for growth and professional development.
• Over 8 years of marketing and communication experience managing many projects worth over a quarter of million dollars per annual.
• Prepared and managed the annual marketing budget of $5 million
• Full process knowledge of print and web advertising.
• Excellent verbal and written communications.
• Problem solver and excellent organizational abilities.
• Extremely sharp at quickly assessing needs and priorities.
• Effective working both independently and as a team member.
Senior Project Coordinator - Marketing 2008
• Planned, developed, and executed print and online advertising activities with an emphasis on acquiring new audience.
• Assisted in developing goals, objectives and strategies for the Marketing department.
• Worked closely with Media Relation and Sponsorship department to promote xxxxx and enhance its image in the corporate world.
• Measured results and evaluated the effectiveness of the marketing plan for each program and project upon completion.
• Recommended and managed marketing budgets for each program.
• Worked with web and graphic departments to update and maintain the company’s website content.
• Supervised and trained 5 seasonal assistants.
Print Production Coordinator 2007 – 2008
• Coordinated the completion of projects in accordance with the quoted specifications, on time and to the customer's satisfaction.
• Analyzed problems and implement solutions in the most cost efficient manner.
• Reduced annual production cost by 7?hrough contract negotiation with outside suppliers.
• Coordinated the development and implantation of clients’ online order form.
• Planned and developed innovative “We Care Program” to better anticipate and satisfy customers’ needs and promote better customer relations.
• Prepared purchase orders for outside suppliers.
• Liaison between customer and all internal and external departments.
Project Estimator 2004 – 2007
• Prepared project cost estimates in a professional, timely and efficient manner.
• Worked closely with V.P of sales & Account Managers and developed sales strategies that resulted into annual sale of $32 million in 2006 (company’s highest ever).
• Worked with the sales and marketing team to help maintain sales objectives and remain price competitive in the market.
• Analyzed and coordinated programs to identify and preserve company’s corporate advantage.
• Recommended operating practice and process changes to senior managers to improve requirements planning, procurement and vendor management processes.
• Located vendors of materials/supplies and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
Junior Marketing Manager 2001 - 2004
• Managed the timeline and production of all customers’ printed materials such as brochures, direct mail, flyers, etc.
• Run weekly, monthly and quarterly marketing reports for executive review.
• Increase customer satisfaction rate by 15?y closely monitoring and adjusting to their special request.
• Helped Identify desirable new business opportunities and market expansion potential by conducting sales and marketing competitive analysis.
• Responded and provided assistance to incoming inquiries via telephone, fax, e-mail and web.
• Ryerson University
Adobe Illustrator Quark Xpress
Adobe Photoshop MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
Ok so heres my resume, BUT it definatly needs to be shortened,what can I do or say to shorten it,but still show my past experience. Also i have been out of work for over 2yrs due to me caring for my child,what can I say in the resume about gap in between jobs?
Seeking a position in the capacity of Administrative Assistant/Receptionist within a general business or Office environment, bringing the following experience, skills, and attributes:
Summary of Qualifications
Extensive experience working in general public, educational and office settings. Interface well with others at all level’s including patron’s, professionals, employees, children, and students. Ability to deal with a diverse customer population. Caring and hardworking with excellent interpersonal communication, customer service and office support skills. Pays attention to detail, Ensure s tasks are completed correctly and on time. Precise and accurate worker with background demonstrating pride in performance and successful work accomplishment. Reliable and Flexible. Proven strength in analyzing, researching and problem solving, quick learner, executes procedures with excellent memory retention. Knowledge of Ms Word, MS Windows, MS Excel, Internet, 10 key, Introduction to Power Point, typing 40wpm.
Nurse Providers Inc., Administrative Assistant/Staffing Coordinator 09/04-06/06
Responsible for the coordination of client/caregiver/hospitals schedules, upkeep of scheduling records and log books, and the accurate and timely communication of scheduling changes between office and field staff. Maintain accurate caregiver files assuring all relevant documents, certificates and test are current and valid. Organize and manage office records and materials. Responsible for distributing employees checks. Accustomed to heavy incoming telephone calls. Answer and Direct incoming calls. Performs administrative duties assigned by the HR/Staffing Manager including filing, mailings, photocopying, faxing, data entry, scheduling interviews, and cases, office errands, scanning, distributing messages, and managing the phone system. Assist other administrative staff with overflow work, including word processing, data entry, payroll, typed company documents and correspondence .Manage and Maintained the company’s lobby area. Greets and directs all visitors, including vendors, clients, job candidates and customers. Operates basic office equipment. Sorts and routes incoming materials. Process in-coming mail; open, stamp and sort.
Strouds, Sales Associate 9/99-07/03
Managed the cash register and main front desk area. Interacted with the customers providing advice in the selection of merchandise. Monitored production to ensure exceptional customer service. Trained and supervised new employees. Processed all cash, check, credit card purchases and returns through a computerized system. Answered and directed all incoming phone calls.
Heart To Heart Family Daycare, Teachers Assistant 04/98-06/99
Created a safe and loving environment for children ages 1-6 years old. Taught self-helping skills. Demonstrated patience and understanding while managing children. Devolved and implemented indoors and outdoor activities. Arranged lunches and snacks. Kept accurate records of children as well as staff. Maintained supplies and materials. One on one activity with the children included reading, art projects, and coloring.
Fredericks of Hollywood, Sales Associate 02/96-02/97
Interact with customers, providing advice in the selection of merchandise. Monitor production to ensure exceptional customer service. Respond to and resolve customers’ complaints. Accurately balanced cash drawers at the end of the shift. Implemented cash register and sales activity. Kept inventory control. Stocked and ordered merchandise.
Private Family Caregiver, Nanny 06/95—06/96
Personal nanny for a family with a newborn daughter in developing her skills in all areas. Prepared and cooked meals and snacks. Cleaned house. Planned daily activities and outings. Responsible for keeping track of child’s progress.
American Business College International, Daly City
Certificate in Medical Office Support 8/2004
Front office administrative skills, Alphanumeric filing, telephone procedures, office maintenance, Processing Mail, Medical Charts, and Reports, Scheduling and monitoring appointments. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet. Medical billing using Medical Manager System, Health insurance claim forms. Medical terminology, basic anatomy and physiology, Vital signs (respiratory rate, pulse rate, weight, height, blood pressure, temperature)
Certificate in Computerized Office Careers (R.O.P)
Boys and Girls Club of San Mateo 06/9
Education: Associate of Arts Degree in Business Administration Current-2012
Borough of Manhattan Community College
SKILLS: Microsoft Word, Internet Applications. Proven flexibility & strong ability to use own initiative. Profound ability to communicate effectively both in writing & orally to a wide range of audience. Immense awareness of confidentiality remarkably talented & energetic. Profound commitment & conscientious approach to work. Bilingual speaking (flunt in Spanish).
06/08 to 08/08 Oz Moving Company; N.Y. N.Y.
Handled contracts & maintained a direct clientele relationship.
Read work orders or received & listened to oral instructions to determine work assignment.
Worked independently or as a team player with pick-up transportation & delivery of household goods.
Recorded number of units handled & moved, using daily production sheet or work tickets.
Performed stacking & packing of customer goods.
07/07 to 08/07 Americana Commercial Driving School; N.Y. N.Y.
Answered telephones, direct calls & took messages.
Compiled, copied, sorted, and filed records of office activities.
Basic bookkeeping, managed calendar & appointments.
Operated office machines, such as photocopiers, scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems.
Maintained, update filing, inventory, mailing, & database systems, either manually or using a computer.
Opened, sort, route incoming mail, answered correspondence & prepared outgoing mail.
Established & maintained interpersonal relationships.
07/06 to 08/06 Inwood Community Daycare; N.Y. N.Y.
Monitored a group of 20+ children.
Provided help and support to teachers and pupils.
Helped children with learning preparation & child counseling.
Assisted teachers in supervising children in the classroom, playground activities & meals.
Provided clerical support for classroom teachers.
Excellent ability to a create fun and educational atmosphere.
References are available upon request.
I seriously just want a job anywhere (Like any retail store)...Please look over my resume and tell me if theirs anything wrong with it thank you
English is my second language and i am aware that my cv is full of mistake, can you please help me to make the sentences more clear and professional in a correct English:
Grab a position that allows me to use and improve my skills in the travel business. Looking for a company willing to grow up together.
• Exceptional ability to display a positive attitude with energy and enthusiasm toward assuming new
roles and challenges
• Exceedingly self-motivated and autonomous with consistent follow through.
• Strong written and oral communications skills. Ability to use indifferently English, Spanish and Italian.
• Remarkable organizational and planning skills with appropriate attention to detail.
• Great team player, friendly and enthusiastic with exceptional customer service skills.
• Quick-learner, used to adapt myself to different tasks
• Solid ability to use the computer
• Deal with reservations and cancellations by phone, e-mail, fax and face to face
• Provide professional, hi-class and effective customer service to the guests
• Audit the daily ledger to verify the totals and the balances that have been calculated during the day
• Preparing restaurant and hotel revenue reports for the management
• Check guests in and out, allocate rooms, hand keys out, prepare bills and take payment.
• Handle foreign exchange
MARKETING AND SALES COORDINATOR
• Support the management in the development of sales & marketing plans for the new products
launched in the market
• Manage the sales office and support to the sales team
• Arrange detailed proposals ready to be bidden to the clients
• Keep the customer database up-to-date
• Manage and settle interdepartmental issues (account, financial, bureaucratic and insurance issues)
• Pro-actively management of day-to-day tasks related to clients’ requests
MARKETING COORDINATOR (TRAINEE)
• Manage relations with tourist agents, such as tour operators, travel agencies and hospitality
companies by phone, e-mail, fax and face-to-face
• Provide information and assistance to press and media interested to the product Italy
• Organize workshops and events in collaboration with Italian companies and local boards operating in the hospitality and tourist business
• Activity of front office
LOGISTIC ASSISTANT (TRAINEE)
• Logistic costs analysis in order to obtain a more efficient allocation of resources and improve the
mark-up of the company in each transaction
• Prepare clearance documents and others documentation for the delivery of the products to the clients
• Processing and responding to customers’ orders and inquiries
• Provide general support to warehouse department
• Assist in the production, analysis and review of balance sheets and other financial accounting
• Assist in providing budgetary control and other financial information
• Undertake and satisfactorily conclude audits and unplanned urgent work under the supervision of the
• Check-out operations
• Maintain a high level of customer service and make sure that complaints from customers about products
or staff are quickly resolved
• Determine the layout of fittings and merchandise so that stock is presented as attractively as possible.
• Monitor stock levels and place orders.
• Coordinate and conduct stock takes, checking and listing merchandise and asset items such as cash
registers, office computers and furniture
• Keep and analyze records of sales figures and financial transactions, including cash, cheque and credit
• Determine the price of stock, including old stock, which has been reduced to clear and take direct
responsibility for the profitability of the store by making sure that the outlet achieves its sales targets and
that wage costs are kept within budget.
• Loading and unloading trucks
Saxophonist in an Orchestra
I also taught myself to play the guitar.
I enjoy to cook and create new dishes
Football player at amateur level